Once you have published pillar posts and have created an editorial calendar for managing your content creation, commenting and blog promotion activities, it’s time to find blogs with similar content and comment meaningfully on posts published on them.
What do you love to blog about?
Where can you find other blogs like your own?
What Kind of a Blogger Are You? 7 different blogger types: Hedonists, Techies, Professionals, Preachers,
Life improvers, Beauty hunters, Life stagers
Locating high quality blogs with similar content is an important step to becoming a better blogger. It’s logical to assume that those who read your blog now are among your target audience so start by examining your stats to determine where your current traffic is coming from.
The Golden Rule of Networking is: Give before expecting to receive.
Effective networking is built a foundation of building relationships leading to reciprocity. In other words, if you want bloggers with similar blogs to link to your posts, then link to their posts first. If you want them to comment on and/or promote your posts, then comment on their posts and promote them first.
If you are a WordPress.com blogger below are onsite tools you can use to find blogs like yours.
The WordPress.com search engine indexes post, pages, and comments content (body text). Unless entered as text in those contents, blog name, post titles, and post/comment author names are not indexed.
The Tags search page is in the WordPress.com Reader area of the Dashboard is easy to use and displays the subjects that are most popular with bloggers on WordPress.com. For Topics (Tags page) searches see http://en.support.wordpress.com/topics/. In that same Reader area of your Dashboard you can browse Recommended Blogs and visit the ones of interest to you.
Other ways of finding similar sites that are not necessarily hosted by WordPress.com include:
- AllTop – is known for its topic-based groupings of blogs.
- Bloglines is an aggregator of syndicated feeds, and as most blogs publish an RSS feed automatically, it’s a good place to search for quality resources.
- Google web searches, Google Blog Search Keyword searches of Google, Yahoo, and Bing ( add +wordpress or + typepad, etc. to your searches)
- Guzzle.it – Guzzle reads hundreds of feeds every second to get you the latest news about topics you care enter.
- Keyword searches using niche search engines.
- Keyword search Twitter.
- Keyword search Facebook Graph search.
- Keyword search Pinterest.
- Keyword searches of blog directories like bloglovin and forums.
- Similar site search – Note that similar site search is mainly based on user annotations or tags on websites and , the accuracy of the search result heavily depends on the accuracy of the tags.
- StumbleUpon has a search utility/recommendation engine.
© 2007 – 2014 All Rights Reserved – Any content reblogged from one cool site must adhere to the terms of © Copyright
How to Identify Your Blog’s Target Audience
Social Media and Social Networking Plain and Simple
Blog It Ideas Checklist Renewed
Mastering Shameless Blog Promotion
WordPress Followers, Likes and Stats
WordPress.com: Who Follows Who?
WordPress.com Top Posts and Pages