If you are a WordPress.com blogger who wants to provide your visitors with the ability to print out part of your posts, such as but not limited to, recipes, assignments,instructions or the like this post provides several ways you can do that.
Enable the Print Button
Enable Print Friendly
PrintFriendly cleans and formats web pages, removes Ads, images, text and prints only what’s wanted. It’s free and easy to use. Your readers can select either Print Now or Get PDF. You can add the print friendly button to your blog. There’s also a browser app. WordPress.com bloggers insert the button code into the HTML editor of a post, and when clicked by a reader it takes them to PrintFriendly.com where they enter the URL of the post they want to print.
Print Friendly Print Friendly Print PDF Text link, or use
- See the PrintFriendly video in this post.
Embed as Image Files
You can upload each recipe, assignment, set of instructions, etc. as an image file and embed into your posts, so your visitors can capture it and upload it to their computers.
Tess notes the problem with recipes, instructions, assignments, etc. as images is that search engines cannot read the text in them. She advises the simplest way to allow readers to print plain unadorned text (and search engines to read) would be to use pagination by creating a page 2 of your blog post, where you copy/paste the text from the illustration program used to make the image of the recipe, assignment or instructions.
- Upload image files by clicking the Add Media button right above the editing area of a page or a post. Click the Add Media button, drag your image into your browser window, then insert your image into the post.
- Or Click the Add Media – Add New and you can upload images to your Media Library without having to start a new post. Then, when drafting your post, you can embed the image into the post from your Media Library.
- For image uploading tips see Uploading and inserting images: the three (plus one) link options.
- See here for tips on troubleshooting images.
Upload a Document File for Downloading
You can upload documents to your WordPress.com blog using the Add Media icon. With just a couple extra steps you can upload an image and a document, like a pdf, and link your image to the .pdf. When your users view your page they can click on the button to grab your .pdf download.
Embed With Scrib
You can upload your documents to Scribd, a publishing service that allows you to quickly and easily share writings on the web. Then embed them directly into your WordPress.com blog posts. Use the guide for embedding Scribd.