There are free ways to make graphic badges and banners for promoting your website, business or event. If you are planning to create an award badge, a website badge or an event badge you can make your own and get the code for your friends so they can display it on their blogs too.
Create your own image using free image editing programs you can download and use locally. Or use picmonkey.com. or another free online image editing site. Or do as I did. Use the free online Gradient Image Maker first and save the image to your computer before using image editing software to add the text. Then head on over to the Grab My Badge Code Generator site. Enter Your Blog/Website and Image Info:
- Your website/blog/award/event Title
- Your website/blog URL
- Your image URL
- Choose Your Colors and Code Box Options – Container Type (The element that will contain your code)Textarea Pre (recommended if WordPress.com hosts your blog.) If you have a Blogger, Typepad or self-hosted blog (e. g. powered by WordPress site) use ‘Textarea’ instead.
- Click the preview button
- If you make any changes, click the Preview button again to see them
- Click the code generator button
- Copy the code.
- Paste it into a text widget and display it in your sidebar.
You can also create your own badge at MyBannerMaker.com or create banners for your website, social networking profiles (including FB banners) online advertising or simply for promoting of your website, business or event.
You can upload JPEG, PNG, GIF and some BMP images or make your banner from scratch on site.Choose your background color(s), provide the text from the font style and size selections, add borders and.or special effects. Then generate the code.
Note: VIP accounts are offered with additional features. To remove the branding on the bottom of the badge or banner you need a VIP account.