WordPress.com Staff has introduced incremental changes to the former “subscribe” function that allow logged in members to subscribe to ie. follow another WordPress.com blog.
By visiting a blog and clicking the “follow” button on the Admin bar members receive the other blogger’s posts in their Readomatic reader. But there may be a time when one needs to know how to unfollow ie. unsubscribe and that’s what this brief post is focused on.
Have you ever clicked the Follow button on your Admin bar and accidentally subscribed to a blog you didn’t intend to follow?
Have you subscribed to a blog you no longer have an interest in following?
Has a follower ever asked you how to unsubscribe from receiving your posts?
Below are brief instructions for unsubscribing.
1. If you are a WordPress.com blogger visit the blog you want to unfollow and click the follow/unfollow link on your Admin bar to no longer receive posts in the Reader or by email.
2. Click the “unsubscribe” link on very bottom of the post by email you receive from WordPress.com to no longer receive posts from that blog by email.
3. If you don’t have a WordPress.com blog, you should be able to unsubscribe using the following link. You don’t need a login, but you do need to enter your email address to get in: http://subscribe.wordpress.com/
- Click into your WordPress.com Reader click the “X” next to any blog there to unfollow it and to longer receive posts in the Reader or by email.
5. Or locate the “Get new posts by email” column. In the drop-down menu set your frequency of receipt choice. Locate the “Get comments by email” column and remove the check mark for receipt.
See Managing Blogs I Follow for everything you need to know about:
- Following a Blog
- Unfollowing a Blog
- Managing Delivery Methods
- Managing Delivery Settings