Have you noticed the new and improved appearance of Blogger (blogspot) blogs? I noticed the interactive layouts on blogs I visit have resulted in faster page loading times. I likewise noticed the new dynamic templates made blogs look fresh again, so I did some research to see what had changed. I began by logging into my long since abandoned Blogger blog and discovered the dashboard changes.
Welcome to Blogger’s new look
A quick tour through Blogger’s brand new user interface.
Blogger Dynamic Views
An overview of the seven new dynamic views in Blogger that use to customize your blog.
- Classic (Gmail): A modern twist on a traditional template, with infinite scrolling and images that load as you go
- Flipcard (M loves M) – Your photos are tiled across the page and flip to reveal the post title
- Magazine (Advanced Style) – A clean, elegant editorial style layout
- Mosaic (Crosby’s Kitchen) – A mosaic mix of different sized images and text
- Sidebar (Blogger Buzz Blog) – An email inbox-like view with a reading page for quick scrolling and browsing
- Snapshot (Canelle et Vanille) – An interactive pinboard of your posts
- Timeslide (The Bleary-Eyed Father) – A horizontal view of your posts by time period
- Read more:Fresh new perspectives for your blog
I enjoyed playing with these new features on my old Blogger blog. Now I’m wondering how many of my readers have Blogger blogs, and what they think of the new interface and template changes.