If you are a Stumbleupon member as I am, you will have received the email I have posted excerpts from below. In my case, it doesn’t look like the changes will impact me much if at all. I have never joined any Stumbleupon groups. As I did not spend time and effort on customizing my site there I don’t mind that my theme will be changed. I’m not clear on whether or not the Blog Posts/HTML Reviews change will affect me and I don’t have a photoblog but others may have a different read on this.
Here’s how these changes will take place:
- Groups: Groups will be visible until October 24th, then will be removed permanently from the site. You can manually copy anything you’d like to keep, or will be able to export group information. We are working on an export option and will send more specific details in a few weeks.
- Themes: Your current theme will remain up until October 24th. At that time all themes will be changed to a default theme that is a white background with black type. To see how your profile will look with the default theme, check your settings.
- Blog Posts/HTML Reviews: After October 24th we will no longer offer HTML/Blogging functionality, but you’ll still be able to access blog posts and reviews created before October 24th which will exist in plain text format. We are working on an export option and will send more specific details about this in a few weeks.
Your feedback and questions continue to be important to us as we make changes. You should expect to hear from us again in about a month, when we’ll have more details around export options. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us directly if you have questions, or go to our Help Center to learn more about these changes.
- Are you a Stumbleupon member?
- If so, then do you think these changes will create a better Stumbleupon experience for you or not?
- If not, are you interested in becoming a Stumbleupon member?