Every year, you help us make State of the Blogosphere the most comprehensive resource for bloggers, and about bloggers. The 2011 survey is live, and your input is critical.
Since 2004, Technorati has been tracking the Blogosphere through our State of the Blogosphere study. The goal of the study is to create a complete snapshot of the activities and interactions that make up the Blogosphere by asking you, the bloggers, to share some information about your habits. The survey includes questions like how, when and why you blog. Is this a side business, full time job or something you do for fun?
We’d love for you to share some information about blogging as your passion or your profession, that we can then share back with you, the bloggers, and everyone who is interested in you. It should take just 15 minutes of your time.
Highlighted findings for 2010 included:
- 64% of bloggers say they are treated less professionally by brand representatives than are the traditional media
- 33% of bloggers have worked within traditional media
- Nearly half of non-corporate pro bloggers write about brands
- 1/4 blogers post product or brand reviews monthly
- 1/5 bloggers post weekly
- 90% say it’s important that advertising on their sites aligns with their values
- 71% only write about brands (or products from brands) of whose reputations they approve
- 1 in 3 bloggers boycott products