By Guest Author Ishan Sharma
Blogging With Success
Blogging is a disease. A highly dangerous disease.
It can make you fat, it can weaken your eyes, it can make you sick.
OK, I am over reacting but blogging is harmful!
Here are some ways in which blogging can affect your health:
- Eyes: Blogging involves looking at the monitor for a long time. This can easily weaken your eye sight. If you keep writing, editing and commenting for long hours, you will get spectacles or contact lenses soon.
- Weight: Another thing for blogging is that it can make you fat. If you spend a lot of time sitting in front of your computer, you will soon find yourself eating more junk food and drinking less water.
- Addiction: Internet itself is highly addictive. And so is blogging. If not controlled, blogging can become addictive and affect your offline work and worst, accelerate above effects.
5 Ways To Avoid The Ill Effects Of Blogging
- Take 20-2 breaks: You can take care of your eyes by 20-2 breaks. This is nothing special. After looking at the screen for 20 minutes, take 2 minutes off and look at something far away. This helps in keeping eyes in shape.
- Keep Water Bottle Nearby: One thing I find amazing about us is that we can stand! Aren’t we 70% water? We are supposed to be flowing around like water, not standing like a tree. OK, enough of water and trees, main point is 70% water. This shows how much water is important for us. However, most of us are in bad of habit of sitting in front of working long hours and in these long hours, we forget about water. The best way to avoid this is to keep a water bottle nearby and regularly drink water.
- Eat Away From Computer Table: When I started blogging, one of the worst habits I picked up was eating with my computer. Although I did not offer it food, computer table became my favorite eating spot. Result? First, I picked up some extra weight and second, I did not find much time for family. However, I am lucky to have learned the lesson quickly. Whatever you do, just keep food away from computer table. When eating, prefer eating with whole family.
- Do Not Blog Overnight: Blogging is important. But not more than sleep! If you prefer to stay awake overnight for blogging, this is bad. Yes, one or two nights per month for important things is fine but anything like 3-4 days a week is overkill. And guess what, by not sleeping, you are harming your own blog. If you do not sleep properly, you will lose productivity and feel tired. And this will have ill effects on your blog posts.
- Avoid Addiction: Addiction of anything is bad. So is the case with blogging. If you are addicted to blogging, you will find it enjoyable in starting, but it will ruin your blog by burning your productivity out and your personal life by taking you away from relatives. The best way to avoid addiction is by taking small bit sized breaks. Schedule a few posts, take a one or two-week break and do not touch your blog(I’d recommend whole internet) during that period. I recently spent 5 days without my laptop(so, naturally I couldn’t blog or access internet) and results were awesome. After coming back, I found my mind refreshed and full of new ideas.
Over To You
Readers, now it is your turn. Tell me what you think.
- Is blogging harmful?
- What other bad effects can blogging cause?
- Any tips for avoiding side-effects of blogging?
If you need any questions related to this post or anything related to blogging, just leave comment here or visit my blog.