As I’m getting more and more questions from those who are new to blogging, and especially from business bloggers who are just getting started, in this post I’m sharing links to free ebook resources for bloggers in all niches. There are many free ebooks available that contain and great deal of useful information on the topics I list briefly below and more.
- Getting Started
- Choosing a Niche
- Domain Names
- Blogging Platforms
- Themes and Organization
- Pages, Posts and Widgets
- Images and Media
- Comments and Discussion
- Headlines and Content Creation
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Post Length and Posting Frequency
- Blog promotion, Social Media, Social Networking
- Guest Blogging
Free ebooks on blogging for bloggers
I began researching and reading ebooks in preparation for creating and publishing this post two weeks ago. I was aiming to have it ready for publication by Wednesday or Thursday of this week but Mother Nature interfered on Tuesday night. A snow storm knocked out our power for 2 days. I’m pleased to say that I finally completed the project and am publishing it as the week comes to an end.
- Personal Branding for the Business Professional (PDF format). Chris Brogan compiled 15 pages (including the cover) and contains everything from strategy advice to some considerations to over 100 tactics and ideas on what to do next.
- (a) Killer Flagship Content is a guide to arranging enjoyable and profitable joint ventures, how we all need the help of other people, and everyone has something to offer.– Chris Garrett’s free ebook introduces the concept of Flagship Content and provides all the information you need to create, package and promote compelling resources that attract more attention to your blog. (b) Authority Alliances is a guide to arranging enjoyable and profitable joint ventures, how we all need the help of other people, and everyone has something to offer. You can download both free of charge just by subscribing.
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO – Freshly updated by seomoz for 2010, the Beginner’s Guide is the most popular SEO learning resource on the web. More than 1 million users have read or downloaded this beautifully illustrated, value-packed, free resource.
- WordPress SEO guide for beginners (PDF format) – The Blog Oh! Blog way. It can be considered as a crash course for all the people who are struggling to get better search engine results with their WordPress blogs. In this e-book, I will guide you how to rapidly configure your WordPress blog with maximum SEO benefits.
- How to Start a Business Blog (Scribd format) is a step by step workbook with exercises to help you plan, set up and create content for a business blog. Michael Martine.com wrote a huge 12-part series of posts on how to start a business blog and expanded on them in the form of an ebook.
- Who’s There (PDF format) is not an ebook about how to write better or how to follow the traditional conventions about formatting and building a blog. It’s not designed to sell you one service instead of another, either. Instead, Seth Godin divides the blog world into three groups and turn my attention to one. And in particular, I try to sell you hard on how building a blog asset can have a spectacular impact on you, your career, your organization and your ideas.
- Content by Cory Doctrow is among the most important books in social media. Read this ebook and get the straight goods on copyright.
- The Art of Community (PDF format) by Jono Bacon. A solid guide to building, energizing and enabling pro-active, productive and enjoyable communities, covering community leadership, and best practices.
- Geeks Guide To Promoting Yourself With Twitter An ebook containing tips, tools and resources for using Twitter for promotion purposes.
- The Zen of Blogging (PDF format) This is the story of an aspiring blogger who sets out on a journey to discover the secrets of blogging. What will he find at the top of Mount Blogmore? Will he learn how to become a great blogger, or will he get his head cut off? You’ll have to read to find out!
- Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction (PDF format) is Leo Babauta’s free ebook. Leo Babauta is a very popular blogger whose blog Zen Habits educates people on leading a simple, stress free life.
For those bloggers who are exploring free and/or low cost methods of printing their blog posts, or creating ebooks, or publishing a book please see Bloggers: Publish your book, ebook, or your blog. See also Promoting Your Writing or Poetry Blog.
Have you read any free ebooks on blogging topics that don’t appear here? If so, how many have you read? And, which ones would you recommend?