The handwritten word is not yet obsolete and is very powerful. Why do we hesitate to use our own handwriting in our blogs? Are we really concerned that our handwriting is too messy and won’t be able to be read by others?
I love the electronic age we live in and the fact that I have internet friends all over the world but as I was making homemade cards I realized I missed handwriting. I’m used to thinking in front of a keyboard. I love the convenience of simply typing without having to worry that I have made a spelling error or skipped letters and when I’m done I can have that corrected for me. But I do think handwriting is special.
Graphologists maintain that handwriting shows that everyone is an individual and their character portraits have been described as ‘stunningly similar’ to those derived from psychological tests. You can’t fake it. People can read about psychological tests and learn how to answer in ways that impress the tester. Handwriting is impossible to fake effectively as the graphologist looks for evidence that remains unchanged even when the script is heavily disguised. And attempts at disguise betray themselves by many unnatural signs, especially under high magnification. Natural handwriting shows people as they really are.
PilotHandwriting.com is a one-of-a-kind application that captures your handwriting and allows you to write by hand on the computer. You can add a handwritten e-mail signature to your blog post by using pilothandwriting and the WordPress.COM post by email feature. Any email client can be used to send the email, allowing you to publish quickly and easily from devices such as cell phones.
PilotHandwriting Walk Through
You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player for this application to work. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of flash.
- Create an account
- Download a template, which will have empty spaces for you to fill in the appropriate letters in your own handwriting or whatever font you you choose. Pilot Handwriting recognizes each character and provides you with option to modify each character. Finish editing and save your font with a custom name.
- Put the handwriting (font) image through a scanner, or take a snapshot through a webcam or digital camera.
- Scanner – Print out the template and fill it out, then scan it in and save it as a .jpg
- Webcam – Print out the template and then fill it out and hold it up to the camera.
- Digital camera – Print out the template, fill it out with your characters and the then take a picture and upload it as a .jpg
- Pilot Handwriting uses their font generator to turn your handwriting into a personal font. Download your personal font and then you can type with your own handwriting.
Don’t have an cell phone? How to add a signature to your posts