One of the ways to enhance the way you present information on your blog is by creative use of images. WordPress.com slideshows are simple and straightforward. Upload your photos as a gallery, then click the “Insert slideshow” button, or use the shortcode. The slideshow automatically adjusts its dimensions to fit your blog’s theme. You can create a quick and easy slideshow for your WordPress.com blog on either a post or page by following the illustrated instructions in the support documentation. Or you can by following instructions on How To – Using slidehows on WordPress.com blogs on WordPressTV
“I couldn’t find any instructions from WP Help on how to add photos to an existing slideshow, so thought I’d pass it along. Hope it helps someone out there, as others’ bread crumbs have helped me numerous times.” — Steve Eichenberger, Ceramic Sculptor Artist , Oregon.
How can I add more photos to a slideshow? If that’s your question, here’s the solution:
- Open the post where you want to add photos to a slideshow
- Select Edit
- Delete the slideshow from your post (highlight , hit delete on your keyboard)
- Now, with the post still open, upload additional photo(s) from your computer. They will automatically be added to the Gallery for that post.
- Click the Upload/Insert Add an Image icon
- Select Gallery tab
- Your newly uploaded photos should now be at the top of the list, un-numbered
- Drag them to where you want them in the slide sequence
- Be sure to hit Save All Changes to lock in the sequence
- Now click on Insert Slideshow
That should do it!
If your slides are in the wrong sequence, you probably forgot to Save All Changes in step 9, so delete again, and re-do steps 5 – 10. Source
Please note that if you are experiencing difficulty with the Gallery function this is the place to go to > gammagirl -Not the Official WordPress.com Gallery FAQ.