With Facebook searches overtaking Google searches ;) and the nature of Facebook evolving to become a huge cyber shopping mall full of peddlars looking for customers, I wasn’t surprised when I received this announcement by tweet.
This morning I read Chris Crum’s article titled: Google Makes Facebook Pages a Higher Priority for Businesses As usual his article was thorough. I took particular notice this section quoted below:
Beware, however, that running a promotion on your Facebook Page may cost you ten thousand dollars, because Facebook’s policy guidelines indicate that you must get written approval from a Facebook account rep. In order to get one of those, you must spend that much in advertising, according to Eric Eldon of Inside Facebook.
Today I have five questions for wordpress.com bloggers.
- Do you have a Facebook account?
- If so, do you use Facebook pages to advertise your business ?
- If so, then do you use real-time local search marketing to promote your business?
- Do you do you use real-time local search to locate businesses and purchase goods and services from them?
- Whether or not you have a Facebook account, would you like to share your response to this announcement?
Related posts found in this blog:
Importing wordpress.com post snippets into a Facebook fan page
WordPress.com adds Facebook to Publicize
hootsuite: cross post content to multiple WordPress accounts
5 Facebook Questions for WordPress.com Bloggers
Handle Online Attacks Effectively
Six free comment tracking services for bloggers
Blogging: Online presence and authenticity