Many wordpress.com bloggers have asked me where the social bookmarks I have at the end of my blog posts come from. They are from getsociallive.com The bloggers who asked also assumed there was an automatic means of having these bookmarks appear on every post in a wordpress.com blog but that isn’t so. We cannot access and edit the templates underlying our wordpress.com blog themes. As this has come up on the wordpress.com support forum more than once and as not every wordpress.com blogger views the threads there I have prepared this step-by-step blogging tutorial containing the instructions required.
To manually add getsociallive.com bookmarks, which contain the linked titles to the specific post to the end of each of your posts takes only a few moments. Once you have added them your twitter account and Facebook will be automatically updated and your readers can use the buttons to promote your posts for you.
Below is the step-by-step blogging tutorial of the process:
- complete your post;
- copy the post title;
- open a new tab and go to the getsociallive site;
- paste it into the title spot provided
- return to the post and copy the URL shortcode;
- go back to the getsociallive site and paste it into the URL shortcode spot provided;
- select the style of buttons you want and click;
- now click “get social”;
- the code will appear in the code box;
- copy the code and return to the post;
- switch from the visual editor to the HTML editor;
- paste the code at the end of your post;
- switch back to the visual editor and preview the post ( witness the appearance of the bookmarking buttons);
- publish the post.
It actually took me longer to type this step-by-step blogging tutorial than it will take you to add the buttons to a post. Once you have done that a couple of times you will no longer need these instructions.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Importing wordpress.com post snippets into a Facebook fan page (onecoolsite.wordpress.com)