The value of a website from search engines point of view varies according the number of incoming links from external websites with good PageRank . Link building is an “off page’ strategy and refers to the number of links pointing to your site. These links help your site to gain PageRank and perform better in search engine results.
There are many strategies to consider when building links to your site, including sites willing to post your link for free. Here are 16 methods you can employ in your link building strategy:
- Scoops (breaking big news first)
- How To Posts (tutorials)
- Opinion Pieces (controversy)
- Group Projects
- Humor Posts
- Recipe Posts
- Blog Directories
- RSS Directories
- Article wrtiting
- Squidoo and Hubpages
- Link Exchanges with related sites
- Memes and Awards
- Blog carnivals
- Commenting on DoFollow Blogs
- Write reviews of your website on forums
- Becoming a guest author on sites with a higher PageRank than your site
Link building tip 1 –Be mindful that the quantity and quality of backlinks you have can make or break your site.
Link buildings tip 2 – Most incoming links are helpful.
Link buildings tip 3 – Links from related sites are superior to unrelated links.
Link buildings tip 4 – Links from high authority sites are better than ordinary links.
Link buildings tip 5 – Older links are better than new ones.
Link buildings tip 6 – One-way links are better than reciprocal links.
Link buildings tip 7 – Directories are the easiest and fastest way off getting attention to your site as they are indexed. Before you submit check the site out and think more in terms of “how many quality directories” should I submit to?
Link buildings tip 8 – RSS and Press Releases can get you quick bumps in the search engines.
Link buildings tip 9 – Article writing can result in quality backlinks and establish your reputation.
Related posts found in this blog:
- Understanding Reciprocal and Non-Reciprocal Links
- Understanding Backlinks
- Natural linking strategy for bloggers
- Article Writing and Backlinks
- Article Writing and Commenting Increase Backlinks to Blogs
- Blog Directories for Backlinks and Traffic
- Backlinks from blog directories: What is their actual value?