Keeping readers interested by writing fresh content and starting conversations by writing compelling blog posts that invite readers to comment is key to developing a blog centered community. When your readers do comment responding promptly and in a welcoming manner so they feel comfortable expressing their thoughts and opinions is equally important. But these are not the only ways of expressing reader appreciation.
Comments are a gold mine for blogging ideas
You blog’s comment section is an idea mine. Most of the comments have hidden ideas in them. All you need is to read them with some attention and new ideas will always pop up.
Once a week, take some time and look through comments area. You will find a lot of blogging ideas. — Mr I in 10 Magnetic Techniques to Attract Ideas
Those who have set the goals of becoming a better blogger and building a better blog quickly learn that encouraging readers to comment is the primary way to let them know you appreciate their feedback.
A further exchange of reader appreciation ideas found in onecoolsite: tips from a reader also adds some insight into strategies for building a better blog, and SEO basics for on page optimization provides the how to instructions.
Acts of appreciation
Showing your readers that you value them can be done in many ways. Below are a twelve that I have thought of.
(1) Write well and publish regularly. Keeping your blog updated with fresh and informative content will maintain reader interest.
(2) Reply to every comment.
(3) Link to your reader’s related blogs and keep your blogroll updated.
(4) Be aware of your subscribers and subscribe to the feeds on their blogs.
(5) Comment, comment, comment and comment.
(6) Backlink to posts published by faithful readers wherever possible.
(7) Use a Recent Comments widget to showcase those readers who leave the most recent comments.
(8) Use a Frequent Commenters widget to showcase those who leave the most comments.
(9) Install a plugin like commentluv that rewards those who leave comment by displaying the url for their most recent post.
(10) Promote and support the promotions of the blogs of your faithful readers at every opportunity that you can and everywhere that you can.
(11) Try to remain aware of what’s happening in your reader’s lives and keep on touch via twitter or email to let them know you care about them.
(12) Send Happy Birthday and Happy Holiday wishes by twitter, shoutbox or email to your faithful readers.
Would you care to share some additional ideas for letting your readers know that you appreciate their support?
Related posts found in this blog: