These days many of us have blogs and when we travel posting to them can be problematic. For example, in some countries many domain names and blog servers are blocked, so the best way to post can be by email.
- If you have downloaded free software for your own domain from wordpress.org then you can configure the software to allow you to post by email to your blog.
- If you blog on a free hosted blog on a blogspot (Blogger) subdomain posting by email is available.
- If you blog on a free hosted blog on a wordpress.com subdomain this feature is not yet available, therefore, a third party service provider is required.
Posterous is a free service with plans to add premium features in the future. Posterous works wherever you have email and lets you post things online fast using email. You email them and they reply instantly with your new posterous blog.
Who can use it and how does it work?
Posterous is available to those who are aged 13 years and older for non commercial use only, with the exception of being used to Autopost to blogs on Shopify.com.
Posterous will post online what you send by email in the most web-friendly format, and then reply with a public URL that can be forwarded or shared with friends. Account creation is not required, but if a user does create an account, posts from various e-mail addresses (work, home, and mobile phone) can all be integrated into one blog.
What can you send to posterous?
You can attach any type of file and we’ll post it along with the text of your email. We’ll do smarter things for photos, MP3’s, documents and video (both links AND files)
If you attach one photo (of any size, even direct from your camera!), we’ll resize it to a web-friendly size and post it. If you attach more than one photo in the same message, we automatically create a good looking image gallery
What else can Posterous do?
We’re working hard to churn out new “wow” features that take rich content blogging to the next level. Here are a few we’ve done recently:
Autopost to everywhere
Just set up your other accounts here. The next time you post to posterous, we will instantly autopost everywhere else.
Blogs will be updated with the full content you send us. We’ll host your images, music and files, so you don’t have to lift a finger.
- When you travel how what method do you use to post to your blog?
- Have you tried using Posterous?
- Are you aware of any other free post by email to blog service providers?