My Tips for One Cool Site Readers
by Guest blogger Vikas Gupta,
1. Write in small paragraphs and leave spaces of enough girth between the paragraphs; such structuring does not pressurize the the eyes. This is ignored by many good bloggers unfortunately.
2. Choose a theme that is amenable to the above (some themes have very small space between lines/paragraphs). Also, avoid themes with extreme colour contrasts (like white text on black canvas) which is painful for the eyes.
3. Do not overwhelm your posts with smileys or big images that may slow down your site.
4. As far as possible, do not write a post as long as Nile! Brevity is the soul of wit indeed.
5. Keep the language simple and lucid. Also, make sure there are no grammatical errors/typos which may put off the reader.
6. Humour is important: life or blogs! Remember, ” we don’t succeed at anything unless we have fun doing it.” An undercurrent of humour in your posts will engage your readers more effectively.
7. Visit your readers and other blogs and leave your footprints (sweet comments) on their blogs. A good rule of thumb is that the more the footprints you leave in the cyberspace, the more are the chances of your discovery.You can have your cake and eat it only if you are a celebrity blogger!
8. If your blog has advertisements make sure they are at appropriate locations on the blog so that they do not become eyesores. Or else, sooner or later you’ll get a comment: ‘your blog may be making bucks, but it sucks!’
9. Choose the option to display gravatar or some image (free WP blogs) with the name of commentators; it looks nice on most blogs. Also your blog’s favicon and your avatar image should be catchy.
10. You don’t always have to do a write-up as a rule. Sometimes, you may only publish some image or quote from some hyperlinked story and invite discussion and comments. Remember, you are not the only great person who is writing and doing all great things; there are others too and their voices need to be strengthened/promoted for the common cause of humanity. Besides, your readers may get bored over time if you are only a text blogger! So, do not fail to surprise your readers sometimes. Words are only ‘one’ of the various wonderful tools of expression available to Homo sapiens.
11. Blogging also has to do a lot with jollification, personal satisfaction, catharsis and the like. So don’t miss the fun by incessantly bothering about traffic, topping the charts and inviting inordinate comments and visitors. Relax, things take time.
Vikas Gupta is a research scholar in his late 20s based in New Delhi, who describes himself as being creative, emotional, health conscious, love films, animation, rhymes etc. Please visit his blog.
Related comments found in this blog: