All bloggers are seeking out social media sites. Blog Catalog is a premium blog directory and social networking site with over 200,000 members.
Whether you are looking to search blogs, connect with bloggers, or promote your own blog, BlogCatalog is for you.
(1) Registration is free and if you intend to register as a guest, or as a member and/or submit your site(s) then there are some important things to know in advance.
(2) Your e-mail address will not be sold, traded, or shown publicly.
(3) Certain kinds of sites will not be accepted if submitted.
- No Solely Commercial or Pornographic Material
- RSS feeds or individual blog articles/entries will not be accepted into the directory.
(4) The Terms of Service clarify what is considered to be Prohibited Content and the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the BlogCatalog Website and through your use of the BlogCatalog Services.
(5) There is a General Discussion forum and Political Discussion forum.
- There are community guidelines for posting to both forums that must be respected.
- Signature blocks are not allowed, so if your are looking for an opportunity to post to a forum solely to drop your blog links into every comment you make, do be aware that your link dropping will be reported and your comment along with the signature block will be deleted by Admin.
(6) Blog Catalog is also the sponsor of Blogger’s unite which is an attempt to harness the power of the blogosphere to make the world a better place. By asking bloggers to write about a particular subject on 1 day of the month, a single voice can be joined with thousands to help make a difference; from raising awareness for cancer, to an effort to better education systems or supporting 3rd world countries.
Previous challenges have included:
December 1, 2008 – Unite on World AIDS Day
November 10th 2008 – Unite For Refugees
May 15th 2008 – Unite For Human Rights
December 17th 2007 – Acts of Kindness
September 27th 2007 – Bloggers Against Abuse
July 18th 2007 – Organ Donor Awareness Campaign
I believe that Blog Catalog is the best social network I belong to and I do belong to several others as well.
If you are a Blog Catalog member, has your membership benefited you and your blogs?
If you are not a Blog Catalog member, are you considering joining?
Related posts found in this blog: