I have been busy in the background searching the internet for free SEO tips, tools and resources that bloggers and I’m happy to say that I found and have found, used and reviewed quite a few that I would like to share with you.
SEO is the acronym that stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search engine optimization, is the strategy and process of increasing the amount of visitors to a site by making structural changes to the site, and the content in it that result in the site ranking higher in search engine results. The higher a site ranks in the results of a search, the greater the chance that that site will be visited by a user.
- The website becomes Search Engine Friendly. In essence, all known search engine crawler roadblocks are removed or minimized, which hinder the search engines to index the site.
- The website is likely to get indexed deeper by search engines. That means that more number of pages would get indexed across more search engines.
- The website is free of any black-hat / unethical SEO techniques / Spam and will not be a candid ate for penalty by search engines.
- The website and its optimized pages would have increased relevance to the selected keyword phrases.
- The site would initially start ranking for low competition keywords as and when the site is re-indexed in the search engine database. It may take as long as 3 to 6 months for this to happen.
- A significant surge in the traffic may not happen. However after the optimization, the website visibility is bound to increase and may affect the traffic in a positive way.
- SEO is not intended to increase the conversion rates however if the above points are adhered to the conversion rates may improve.
- The SEO work would not clear the websites’ previous search engine penalties (if any). However if the website is under penalty, after optimization the website is ready for filing an appeal with the search engine in question to remove past penalties.
SEO Book.com – SEO Book.com is a leading SEO blog by Aaron Wall covering the search space. It offers marketing tips, search analysis, etc. SEO Book.com a membership site, offering: over 100 online training modules, tutorial videos, custom SEO spreadsheets, exclusive tools, and a community support forum.
- The SEO Book Training Program offers you:
- Over 100 training modules, covering topics like: keyword research, link building, site architecture, website monetization, pay per click ads, tracking results, and more.
- An exclusive interactive community forum
- Members only videos and tools
- Additional bonuses – like data spreadsheets, and money saving tips
- Every order comes risk free, and with the best selling SEO Book as a free bonus
- SEOBrowser.com – See your website like a Search Engine sees it.
- Hub Finder – good link analysis tool for finding hub sites which may be good targets to request links from.
- SEO for Firefox – modifies search results to show marketing data inline with the results.
- SEO Book Keyword Research Tool – driven off Overture, this tool cross references just about every useful keyword research tool on the market.
- Google Analytics – powerful full featured analytics tool. Even allows you to track your ROI by keyword for each AdWords ad position. Google AdWords also has internal split testing and conversion tracking software.
- Google Website Optimizer -Google Analytics has been re-designed to help you learn even more about where your visitors come from and how they interact with your site. The new Google Analytics makes it easy to improve your results online. Write better ads, strengthen your marketing initiatives, and create higher-converting websites. Google Analytics is free to all advertisers, publishers, and site owners. You can now use your Google Analytics login to access Website Optimizer. Find out which page designs, headlines, and graphics convert the most visitors. Google Analytics allows you to A/B split test landing pages and track how well Google AdWords traffic converts.
- Microsoft adCenter Analytics – Designed especially for our advertisers, the Microsoft adExcellence program is our official accreditation program that gives advertisers the opportunity to become a Microsoft adCenter expert. The program offers both free training materials and a fee-based examination, thus providing our adCenter advertisers the ability to gain valuable adCenter knowledge and demonstrate their expertise. Over time, this program will evolve to include additional training materials and benefits for our accredited Microsoft adExcellence Members.
- To get started, visit the Microsoft adExcellence Classroom to view the free training materials. If you are interested in becoming an accredited Microsoft adExcellence Member, you will need to sign up for the adExcellence exam and achieve a passing score of at least 80%.
- Piwik – piwik is an open source (GPL license) web analytics software. It gives interesting reports on your website visitors, your popular pages, the search engines keywords they used, the language they speak… and so much more. piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics. piwik demo link.
- Site Meter – A comprehensive real time website tracking and counter tools give you instant access to vital information and data about your site’s audience. With detailed reporting you’ll have a clear picture of who is visiting your site, how they found you, where they came from, what interests them and much more. There is a free version and a premium paid version.
- Stat Counter – A free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats. Insert a simple piece of code on your web page or blog and you will be able to analyze and monitor all the visitors to your website in real-time. Stas Counter starts off as free, but charges for advanced features and bandwith usage.
- Webalizer – The Webalizer is a fast, free web server log file analysis program. It produces highly detailed, easily configurable usage reports in HTML format, for viewing with a standard web browser. It’s the default log analyzer on many servers. Also note The Simpletons Guide to Web Server Analysis.
- Analog – Analog is the default log analyzer on many servers. Analog shows you the usage patterns on your web server. It’s ultra-fast, scalable, highly configurable, reports in 32 languages, works on any operating system and is free software.
- Awstats – Awstats is another popular default log analyzer on many servers. AWStats is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically. This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all major server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of other web, proxy, wap, streaming servers, mail servers and some ftp servers.
- SEOToolSet™ – These free SEO Tools are offered to the SEO community at no fee. You have heard of the SEOToolSet power tools, now you can try them out.
- Domain tools – whois source – The famous whois.sc search has a new name, Domain Tools. Our custom thumbnail system and extensive extra information has won us the award of best whois website on the Internet since 2002. Now we search every top level domain name.
- Text Link Checker Tool AKA Bad neighborhod checker – Text links are an important factor in today’s search engine optimization, and exchanging links with other websites is a good way to get them. However, doing a link exchange with a website that is penalized can have some detrimental results. This tool will scan the links on your website, and on the pages that your website is linking to, and flag possible problem areas. This can greatly ease your seo efforts. For an explanation of what the various visual cues mean, mouse over them for more information. Important Note: This tool is intended as a guide to assist webmasters in locating potential problem areas with their linking strategies, it is notBad Neighborhood Clarification post on the Bad Neighborhood blog.
- RankQuest – RankQuest is a dedicated Search Engine Optimization resource designed to aid you in the Search Engine Optimization of your web pages. RankQuest provides SEO Tips, tools a forum and easy ways to get started with Search Engine optimization.
- Website Grader – Website Grader is a free seo tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors. It also provides some basic advice on how the website can be improved from a marketing perspective.
Related posts found in this blog: SEO site:onecoolsite.wordpress.com