Please take a deep breath and consider the following:
Constantly thinking about your next blog post could be one of the signs of a blogging addiction.
Being unable to observe any interesting event anywhere without turning it into a blog post in your mind could likewise be a tell tale sign.
And, dreaming about blogging is a strong indication that you have crossed the line.
So, are you ready to take the Bloggers’ Pledge?
Or, do you have just one more post that you have to publish before you do?
12 Step Recovery Program For Blogging Addicts
- I will have a cup of coffee or tea in the morning and read my PAPER newspaper like I used to, before the blog.
- I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
- I will get dressed before noon.
- I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the blog.
- I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are internet-deprived.
- I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the internet and resist the urge to ask them what they think I should blog about next.
- I will read a book… if I still remember how.
- I will listen to those around me about their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear my lastfm music.
- I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email or to check my blog stats.
- I will try and get out of the house at least once a week and socialize with people who do not blog, if it is necessary or not.
- I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy blogging for adsense pennies.
- Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime… and that the blog will always be there tomorrow!
Postscript: When you start vehemently denying to yourself that you do any of these, it probably is worse than you think… ;-)